Label Generator (برچسب ساز)
entomologists for enhancing the process of labeling insect specimens. Here you can find some instructions for using this program.
Description of the properties:
Quantity of this label:
- Type the number of required labels of the current label.
- Type the number of columns which must be shown in the final table.
- Put your desired text in each section (1-5)
- Every section can aquire it's own properties. So choose your default properties for every section like Font size, color, decoration, weight.
- "Add break" checkbox adds a line break in the text.
- Choose the background-color of the current label under the section 5.
- "Line Height " means the height of your text. So if you decrease it, your text becomes more difficult to read and in contrast if you increase it, the lines get more distance frome each other resulting a bigger label.
- " Text align " determines the relative position of the your text in the table cells. It can be choosed as: Left, Center & Right
- Now click " Read and Preview " button. This button triggers the form reading. Your input information will be read and a simple preview of the text (Only text, not the background and general table structure) will be shown in the white field. You can continously change the properties of your text and see the preview until achieving the desired format.
- If you want to add another label just click "Next Label" and repeat the actions from the instruction number 1.
- When finished entering wanted labels, just put the general properties of the tabel at below in the sections "Cell-margins" and "Border"
- At end Click "Generate" button.
- A table will be shown with your desired properties. For Saving the labels as a file, open the "File" menu in Internet Explorer and click "Save As". A new window will open. In the new window enter your desired filename and in the section: "Save as type" choose "Web Page, HTML only".
If you have entered special language characters like Farsi Texts, "Unicode" should be selected in the "Encoding" section. This option is set automatically by the program so it is the default option and there is no need for further change.
- VERY IMPORTANT: For seeing the preview of your labels, go to the 'file' menu and click 'Print Preview'. Sometimes when you have choosed high number of columns for the page, you would get different print layout comparing to the layout of the generated table. So it's highly recomended to check the 'Print preview' before printing
- If your print layout is not satisfying ,you can change these properties: Number of columns, Font size, Add break, Line Height, Text align and ofcourse the Margins (paddings).
- You can also do printing without saving the file. Just go to "File" menu and choose "Print" or press Ctrl+P keys for entering Print window.
The quantity of the current label which must be printed.
Number of Columns:
The number of the table columns in the final table. The more column result in smaller margin in the layout.
These textboxes(Text areas) store label texts.
Font of current section.
style On or Off.
Determines the boldness of the font.
Determines the styles like: Underline
Means font size in pixels: This is a 10 pixel
& 18 pixel
Your text can get the standard web colors : Black
Current Label background color:
The background color of this label.
The height of font(line) in percent. Larger number result in a more spaced lines and more clear text and ofcourse bigger labels.
The aligment of the text in each table cell. Settings: Left, Right, Center.
"Read and Preview" button:
Reads and preview the text of current label (Only text, not the background and general table structure).
"Next Label" button:
After clicking this button, the input information will make the next (2nd, 3rd, ...) label.
The distance between the top of the text and the top-border of the cell.
The distance between the right side of the text and the right-border of the cell.
The distance between the bottom of the text and the bottom-border of the cell.
The distance between the left side of the text and the left-border of the cell.
The gap between each cell and adjacent cells in the table in pixels. 1 or 2 pixels are good for having a space for determining cutting lines after print.
The width of the border around the whole table frame (Not around each cell!)
The color of the Table-border.
The width of the border around each cell(each individual label) of the table.)
The color of the Cell-border.
The style of the cell-border. Settings: Dotted, ridge, groove, double, inset, outset
"Generate Labels" button:
Starts Generating the table of the labels.
"Reset Form" button:
Change all of the values of the inputs to it's default value.
- Easily type the start & end number of the labels.
- The checkbox "Generate empty cells" if checked, produces (endNumber-startNumber) cell of empty labels.
- Input the table styles and properties like the above sections.
- Click Generate